April 3, 2019
September 19, 2019 Update: The classic Radford Network Retirement date has been pushed back to November 1. Dates have been updated where appropriate below:
October 30, 2019 Update: Added a question regarding how to order a custom report on the new Radford Network
After an amazing 20-year run, the time has come to retire the classic Radford Network. Not tomorrow, but soon— November 1, 2019 to be specific.
We arrive at this important juncture in our history after two full years of investment in the new Radford Network, which is now used by more than half our clients. Given the arrival of this tipping point, it’s time for all of our clients to make the leap and take full advantage of the added power and flexibility offered by the new Radford Network. We’re confident you’ll quickly find new ways to unlock extra value from your Radford participation.
For our newest clients, many of whom have used the new Radford Network since day one, this may not be big news; however, for some of our longer term clients who’ve relied on the classic Radford Network for many years, we know this could be a very big change.
Together, here’s how we plan to approach this seamless transition with you over the next six months:
- Our April 2019 global survey publications will be posted on BOTH the classic and new Radford Networks.
- Our July 2019 global survey publications will be posted on BOTH the classic and new Radford Networks.
- Our October 2019 global survey publications will be posted ONLY on the new Radford Network, at which point, the transition will be complete.
- In November 2019, we plan to RETIRE the classic Radford Network, including the classic Data Generator. At that time, survey data will be accessible via the Quick Benchmarks, Market Queries and Country Totals tools on the new Radford Network.
- Development on the new Radford Network is, and will remain, ongoing as we continue to release new features monthly. Starting this month, all clients will begin to receive regular email updates as new features are released.
We’re sure this announcement raises a number of questions, so if you’d like to learn more, below is a quick FAQ to help you get started:
What’s changing today?
Nothing. Between now November 1, you’ll continue to have access to survey results on both the new and classic Radford Networks. As the November retirement date approaches, we’ll continue to send you multiple email reminders.
I’m ready to explore the new Radford Network. How do I log in?
To log in, visit: https://radfordnetwork.aon.com/. Your username is your corporate email address and your password can be reset at any time from the log in page. For additional log in tips, visit our support page at: https://radford.aon.com/company/support.
Can I access training materials on the new Radford Network?
Yes, the new Radford Network includes extensive training materials, including FAQs, product tutorial videos, and input and job matching videos. We also plan to host a number of training webinars over the coming months for clients around the world.
How do I order a custom report on the new Radford Network?
On the homepage of the new Radford Network, there is a link to order custom reports at the bottom of the Data Generator Tools box. Simply click on the "Order a Custom Report" to get started.
How similar are the classic and new Radford Networks?
The classic and new Radford Networks include many of the same tools; however, the power and flexibility of these tools is significantly enhanced on the new Radford Network. Additionally, the new Radford Network features a simplified and more modern user experience. Some features of the classic Radford Network are still in the process of being migrated to the new Radford Network, and a handful of features will not be replicated on the new Radford Network as of November 2019.
Can you tell me more about some of the features that won’t be available on the new Radford Network as of November 2019?
Yes. Below is a quick summary of the features we plan to retire or re-release at a future date. If you would like more detail on any of these items, please contact our team.
- Currency Conversion – This feature will be temporarily unavailable on the new Radford Network. We plan to make this tool available again in 2020; until then, all data will be reported in local currencies, which is already our default approach today.
- Shared Queries – The ability to share queries with colleagues directly from the Data Generator will not be supported on the new Radford Network. However, there are other ways you can share reports generated on the new Radford Network. Please see our new FAQ page or contact your Survey Consultant for assistance.
- Certain Custom Report Formats – The ability to access custom report data via the Data Generator or in an Express Report format will not be supported on the new Radford Network. However, you will still have the ability to create custom reports using the process as today and download all reports directly to your computer.
- Single Job PDFs – We do not plan to support this feature on the new Radford Network. However, with the Quick Benchmarks tool, you can quickly access data for any job with added levels of flexibility and customization beyond anything offered on the classic Radford Network. Data can be viewed onscreen or exported to a print-friendly Excel file.
- All Jobs Combined by Country PDF – We do not plan to support this feature on the new Radford Network. However, with our new Market Queries and Country Totals tools, you can quickly download data for all available jobs in a country with added levels of flexibility and customization beyond anything offered on the classic Radford Network.
- Division Head by Revenue Subset Jobs – This feature, specifically job codes ending in A, B, C or D in the General Management function, will not be supported on the new Radford Network. However, you can easily re-create these jobs using revenue-based market filters in our Quick Benchmarks and Market Queries tools.
* * * * *
We realize this is the start of an important transition for many of our clients, so stayed tuned for ongoing product updates and training opportunities. Our entire team is ready and excited to guide you through this change, and we believe you will quickly discover even more value from your Radford Survey participation as you begin to leverage the new Radford Network!
Return to All Release Notes