The following Privacy Statement ("Statement") covers websites maintained by Radford. This includes Radford's primary business website, https://radford.aon.com, and our survey client portal, the Radford Network®. The Radford Network is accessible through our primary websites at https://www.radford.com/radnet and https://radfordnetwork.aon.com. For the purposes of this Statement, "website" also includes any mobile applications produced by Radford in the future. Websites and mobile applications maintained by our parent organizations, Aon Hewitt or Aon plc, are not covered by this statement.
This Statement describes how Radford collects, uses, and protects personal information it might receive in the course of operating our websites. Your privacy is very important to us, and we strive to protect the personal information under our control and to maintain the security and integrity of that information.
What Types of Information Does Radford Collect Online?
By using Radford websites and associated microsites, you agree to the processing of your personal information as explained in this Statement, including placing cookies on your device as described in the Cookie Notice.
We collect personal information to fulfill your requests for products and services and to improve your online experience. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection.
We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for events, request services, manage accounts, access various content and features or directly visit our websites.
This information includes, but is not limited to:
- contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number and mobile number;
- username, password, password reminder questions and password answers;
- communication preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- search queries;
- contact information about others when you refer a friend to a particular site or service (note: this information is used solely to facilitate requested communications); and
- information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features.
How Does Radford Collect Information Online?
Radford collects information online in two primary ways. Some information is provided directly by you when you complete forms, and some information is collected automatically when you visit our websites and through emails that we may exchange.
Automated technologies may include the use of web server logs to collect IP addresses, "cookies" and web beacons. The collection of this information will allow us to improve the effectiveness of Radford websites and our marketing activities. Additional details on these automated tools is provided below:
- Web Beacons: In addition, on some occasions, Radford may use tracking technologies such as web beacons, to collect information about your visits to Radford websites. These are small electronic images embedded in web content or email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like cookies, this tracking technology enables us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users on Radford websites. The use of these technologies also helps us to provide you with a positive experience when you browse our websites, and it also helps refine our content and personalize your experience. For more detailed information, you may wish to visit our Cookie Notice.
- Website Logging: Radford may also log information related to your website visit or mobile site visit. This information can include:
- The address (or "URL") of the web pages you visit
- The browser you used to view our website
- Your Internet provider (IP) address
- The type of computer or device you used to view our website
- Any clicks on a "Like" button
- Statistics on page views
What Should I Know About Links from this Website to Other Websites?
Radford websites may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Statement. If you access other sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy statement. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit. Radford is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of linked sites or any use of those sites.
Please be aware that Radford websites may also contain links to sites maintained by other entities of our parent companies Aon Hewitt and Aon plc that are not governed by this Statement but by other privacy statements that may differ slightly from this Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statement of each website you visit.
What Should I Know About Engaging with Radford through Social Media?
You can engage with us through social media websites or through features such as plug-ins or applications on Radford websites that integrate with social media sites. You may also choose to link your account with us to third-party social media sites. When you link your account or engage with us on or through third party social media sites, plug-ins, or applications, you may allow us to have ongoing access to certain information from your social media account (e.g., name, email address, photo, gender, birthday, the posts or the 'likes' you make).
What Should I Know About Accessing Radford Websites through Mobile Devices?
If you access our websites on your mobile telephone or mobile device, we may also collect your unique device identifier and mobile device IP address, as well as information about your device's operating system, mobile carrier and your location information.
When you provide us your mobile device phone number as your contact phone number, you consent to the use of your mobile device phone number for the purposes identified in this Statement. If you choose to receive notifications from us on your mobile device (e.g. text notifications), you also consent to the use of your mobile phone number for that purpose.
Does Radford Disclose Your Personal Information?
We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our online visitors with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing use. We may share data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Authorized Service Providers: We may disclose your information to service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Legal Requirements and Business Transfers: We may disclose personal information (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) in response to law enforcement authority or other government official requests, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (v) in the event that Radford is subject to a merger or acquisition to the new owner of the business. Disclosure may also be required for company audits or to investigate a complaint or security threat.
Does Radford have Security Measures in Place to Protect Your Information?
Radford has implemented reasonable physical, technical and administrative security standards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Our service providers and agents are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
How Can You Access and Update Your Information?
Radford takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information in the following ways.
- Profile: If you have created a profile or account on one of our websites, you can update your contact information after you log into your account.
- Newsletters: If you request electronic communications, such as an e-newsletter, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in the communication.
- Mobile Devices: If you previously chose to receive push notifications on your mobile device from us but no longer wish to receive them, you can manage your preferences either through your device or the application settings. If you no longer wish to have any information collected by the mobile application, you may uninstall the application by using the uninstall process available on your mobile device.
- Email: Contact us at the email or postal address listed in the "Contact Us" section at the bottom of this Statement. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing and your requested changes. We will provide you access to the personal information requested, subject to reasonable limitations provided by law, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals.
If we do not provide you with access, we will provide you with the reason for refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon.
Does Radford Transfer Your Personal Information Across Geographies?
Radford may transfer certain personal information across geographical borders to Radford entities or service providers in other countries working on our behalf in accordance with applicable law.
By providing us with your information or using our websites, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information. These transfers are governed by European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses, the US/EU Safe Harbor Framework or equivalent data transfer agreements to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information.
Does Radford collect information from children?
Our websites are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children on our websites.
Notification of Updates
Radford may update this Statement. If the changes are not material or do not affect previously provided information, we will simply post the revised Privacy Statement on our websites. If the changes are material in the way we treat your personal information, we will provide notice on this website before we make such a change. We encourage you to periodically review our Privacy Statement so that you'll always know how we protect your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns about Radford's use of your personal information or about this Privacy Statement, please email email@example.com.